Tuesday, January 10, 2012

George Clooney Diminishes Significance of Awards

He’s one of the most-loved actors of his generation, but George Clooney says he doesn’t seek the recognition of industry awards.

The “Ocean’s Eleven” stud told press that his career is all about making good art, not taking home armloads of trophies.

"I am a fan of movies. And so my job is to try to make films that last longer than an opening weekend. And then if someone's nice to you at the end of the year-- and they've been nice and they've been mean -- my job is to try to make films that I think are entertaining."

Clooney also noted that he’s not a fan of the politics behind the awards. "You use the word 'campaign.' I've actually done it where it was like a campaign, like kissing babies. You can justify it by saying, 'I'm helping the movie,' but you cross a line where it feels like you're only helping yourself. And it starts to feel unclean. So I haven't done that version of it since then. I didn't do it for 'Up in the Air' or 'Michael Clayton.' So the word 'campaigning' isn't part of it anymore."


video platform video management video solutions video player

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/george-clooney/george-clooney-diminishes-significance-awards-574963

Ivana Bozilovic Ivanka Trump Izabella Miko

No comments:

Post a Comment