Friday, August 3, 2012

Ewan McGregor Brings Belstaff to British GQ's September 'Dresser'

Bringing his charming good looks to the magazine's latest installment, Ewan McGregor is featured in the September 2012 issue of British GQ via a mesnwear spotlight dubbed 'Dresser'.

Shot by lensman John Wright, the 41-year-old actor charmingly posed in a range of Belstaff attire while talking about becoming the face of the brand's luxe biker gear in the accompanying interview.

As for what Ewan had to say, a few of the highlights from the "Star Wars" stud's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to British GQ!

On how he ended up as the face of Belstaff luxe biker gear:
“I met [CEO] Harry [Slatkin] in April 2011 through a mutual friend to told me I would be given half an hour of his time, and if he liked me he might give me 45 minutes. We spent three hours together. Within the first hour we were already speaking in the present tense about how we would reposition the brand.”

On his love for the brand:
“I’ve worn Belstaff for years and I ride a bike every day. I love the nostalgia of old motorbikes and the brand’s heritage goes right back to the Twenties. There is stuff in the archive that I would happily wear on my bike today. So I thought a professional relationship would be a really good fit.”

On his lifelong desire for motorcycles:
“I always wanted a bike, but I had to wait until I left drama school when I was 20. Since then they have become my principal mode of transport. I think they’re beautiful to look at as well. With an old bike, there’s a certain amount of tinkering just to make them work and I enjoy that side of it too. I get more pleasure out of riding old bikes, as modern bikes can be ridden so fast that you can rarely take it to its limit like you can the old ones.”

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/ewan-mcgregor/ewan-mcgregor-brings-belstaff-british-gqs-september-dresser-703707

Gina Gershon Gina Philips Gisele B¸ndchen Giuliana DePandi Giulianna Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment