Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Maggie & Viola Talk Education at "Won't Back Down" Screening

Speaking out on the importance of education, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davis appeared at a special screening of their upcoming film "Won't Back Down" followed by a Q&A in New York City this past week.

Opening September 28th, the movie stars the two Academy Award nominees as determined mothers who decide to fight the inner city school system for the sake of their faltering children while ending up creating their own school.

Miss Gyllenhaal certainly took the cause to heart, saying, "I wish that every public school was functioning in a way that we could all be proud of...and that isn't the case." She added, "I do fight for what I believe in and I think that everyone should, and I do think that it's our responsibility to say when something isn't working in our community and the world. I was raised that way."

Her 46-year-old co-star shared her optimism for children, telling, "You could be the change that you want to see in the world ... you have the power within you. I love kids. I love everything that they do."

With a Q&A and sneak peek at the cinematic work available for viewing in the player above, the inspiring film also boasts Rosie Perez, Holly Hunter, Oscar Isaac, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Lance Reddick and Ving Rhames.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/wont-back-down/maggie-viola-talk-education-wont-back-down-screening-705689

Amanda Peet Amanda Righetti Amanda Swisten Amber Arbucci Amber Brkich

No comments:

Post a Comment