Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Debra Messing Covers Gotham's March 2012 Issue

Landing herself the front page of their latest installment, Debra Messing adorns the covewr of the March 2012 issue of Gotham magazine.

Along with posing for the publication's Brian Bowen Smith shot spread, the 43-year-old actress chatted about everything from her new show "Smash" to having gotten her start on Broadway.

Highlights from Miss Messing's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Gotham!

On how the conversations started for her new show 'Smash':
"My agent—I’ve been with her forever, and she knows I hate everything. It’s basically that I don’t want to work, so I have to love something to want to work. She called me and said, 'I read a script I know you’re going to love; I’m sending it over.' The second I read it I called her up and said, 'I have to be a part of this.' When I got the call that said I was offered the part, I shrieked, and all hell broke loose."

On starting out on Broadway:
"I was born in Brooklyn, my mother was born in Brooklyn. She was a singer, part of a quartet in the ’60s called the BrookTones, and she played Funny Girl when I was three; I knew the words to 'I’m the Greatest Star' before 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.”' I came back here for my master’s degree from NYU, and then did off-Broadway theater until I was pulled out to LA to do Ned and Stacey."

On her earliest memory:
"Singing, dancing, holding onto a corner table as a little, little girl with Broadway musicals blaring in the background. I think it might have been Funny Girl."

On her best fashion moment:
"I think it was that black dress from the Emmys because it was so consequential; I felt so comfortable and so beautiful. It was absolutely the perfect dress for me for that event. To me, it was a home run."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/debra-messing/debra-messing-591449

Georgina Grenville Gina Carano Gina Gershon Gina Philips Gisele B¸ndchen

No comments:

Post a Comment